Good to see some activity!
        I'm glad WEB programming on an AS/400 will NOT be associated
with Latin, Sioux, or other such linguistic activities that are dying.

OK - Here's a step by step method to grabbing your bosses/clients
attention;
1) Here's the teaser - the Green Screen crowd need to go into their
bosses office and shout "We should E-mail the customers their Bills"  -
"Why" - Well we'll save a BUNCH on printing!
2) Then - "The Customers need a way of seeing their orders"  we'll save
a bundle in manning the phones!
3) Then - "How about a forum to discuss our products" See above reason!
4) Then - "Why not let them order the stuff on-line instead of calling
our 800#" - think of a call center available 23.999x7 they never ask for
holidays off, and they don't have to be retrained when they quit!" See
above reason!
5) Then - "Hey - lets get our Vendors to manage the stuff we've been
ripping off the damn fax machine!!" See above reason!
6) Then - "Hey - lets make the vendors manage their OWN inventory!!"
7) Then - you'll get a call from the vendor "Hey - it's GREAT doing
business with you guys!!"

With E-mail - we can simulate work-flow too!!

WE CAN do it - all we need is HTML, some sort of CGI process...and ...
RPG - let's start with the technology we KNOW already with the software
we've already written!!  We'll do Java REALLY soon - but we MUST get
their feet wet NOW - because the longer we wait, the longer someone will
look @ the PC sitting in the corner and think that THAT'S the only way
to do it...

Just walk into your boss/client's office and say "I can't write another
subfile anymore and I'm going to web enable it instead!!"  The AS/400
does it ALL!  E-mail (POP&SMTP) HTTP Server, XML, Java, WHATEVER - My
system @ home is now a DNS on the web - I didn't think it could handle
it, but I'll be damned - it does it JUST fine.  Go to www.as400nut.com
(under construction - so it's really a bore to go there) and ALL of the
technology used to place you on my site was AS/400!

LET THE CHANT BEGIN - LET'S CODE WEB!  LET'S CODE WEB!  LET'S CODE WEB!
(from - "How to start a revolution in 30 days!")

p.s. 3 months after my E-commerce stuff was outsourced, they still can't
transfer it to the company it's been outsourced to... they are going to
be 3 months late on a 1.5 month (6 week) deliverable... management of
the sites will be 14 times as much work, the stuff we did was WAY more
mature then anything a kid out of high school EVER could have done.  So
we survived the Christmas season with the AS/400 doing the majority of
the E-commerce work (99%) wit an average day of 13,000 unique visitors,
and over 4 million hits a day, not including graphics content served by
Akami - so in the end, the AS/400 won.  Too bad it's being transferred
anyway...meanwhile, I'm writing for the most incredible B2B stuff ever
thought up... on an AS/400... cool.

Andrew Borts / Webmaster
Seta Corporation
6400 East Rogers Circle