The MOVE operation code only works with DATE datatype fields. That is at
least one of either Factor 2 or the Result _must_ be a date datatype
field in order for it to work. The value in Factor 1 is the format of
the data in the non-date field being moved to, or copied from the
corresponding date field. So you have to create a "work" variable and
move the non-date field into it first, then move the date field to the
PXLMDT field. Remember, to set the DATEDIT keyword on the H spec so that
*DATE's format matches what you expect it to be.

Bob Cozzi
cozzi@rpgiv.com
Visit the new on-line iSeries Forums at: http://www.rpgiv.com/forum

On