From: "Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)" <ALBartell@taylorcorp.com>
To: "'rpg400-l@midrange.com'" <rpg400-l@midrange.com>
Subject: Dynamic subfile dilemma
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:43:41 -0600

I have a problem that I am trying to solve by allowing different fields to
be displayed in the subfile based upon another template physical file that
am reading.  So basically I want a subfile that can look something like
this:

Seq   Dynamic Fields
999   BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999   BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999   BBBBBBBBBBBBB  BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999   BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999   BBBBBBBBB  BBBBBBBBBBBBB  BBBBBBBBBBBB
999   BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999   BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999   BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

I have tried using the non-display character to display the correct field
at
the correct time but it gives me a field overlap error when I try to add a
field that "touches/overlaps" another field.

I have tried putting an indicator at the field level for each subfile field
but that errors on the compile saying that I can't have a indicator at the
field level.  But I can have indicators at the field level on a non-subfile
field?  Hmmm . . .

Is there any way to do what I am trying to do?

Aaron Bartell