From: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Date: Thursday, December 06, 2001 01:50:50 PM
To: 'rpg400-l@midrange.com'
Subject: Dynamic subfile dilemma
I have a problem that I am trying to solve by allowing different fields to
be displayed in the subfile based upon another template physical file that I
am reading. So basically I want a subfile that can look something like
this:
Seq Dynamic Fields
999 BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999 BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999 BBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999 BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999 BBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBB
999 BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999 BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
999 BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
I have tried using the non-display character to display the correct field at
the correct time but it gives me a field overlap error when I try to add a
field that "touches/overlaps" another field.
I have tried putting an indicator at the field level for each subfile field
but that errors on the compile saying that I can't have a indicator at the
field level. But I can have indicators at the field level on a non-subfile
field? Hmmm . . .
Is there any way to do what I am trying to do?
Aaron Bartell