Couldn't have said it any better.  The code should be
1) Easy to understand for someone OTHER THEN YOU!
2) Since we have 4096 bytes for field definitions, please use a few of
these within reason - Cryptic 4 byte field names should be a thing of
the past now...(GRZK - the Greater Redmond Zero Kelvin... yeah - that's
what that meant...)
3) Be relatively optimized - but don't try & out smart the stuff just
for the sake of doing it (WOW - that program worked SOO much better when
I Overrode the file read/write buffers using an Override DBF command -
...)
4) Stuff that is business logic MUST BE COMMENTED.
5) Make common routines callable/procedures/whatever you'd like.
Callable w/parms has advantages because Web stuff can utilize these
common routines...(pricing, allocation, etc..)
6) No empty IF's like If<blank>Else<something>- give them purpose
7) Try not to use GOTO's - if you DO however - NEVER goto a tag
outside/within subroutines... (I've SEEN THIS!)

NEVER re-write something to get rid of "old stuff you don't like 'cause
you didn't write 'em"  I've seen this happen, and unless there's
something drastically wrong with the original, the user will NOT be
pleased because you got rid of 8 lines of un-desirable code, they will
be angry that you didn't deliver that "extra column" to their report
on-time.

And you know - I'm way off topic, so I'm a gonna stop there... :)

Andrew Borts / Webmaster
Seta Corporation
6400 East Rogers Circle
Boca Raton, FL 33499