OK - in addition - you use the IFS no matter what.  It's how the AS/400
is now compatible with multiple "lifestyles" and merges the 'classic'
object management features like security into the UNIX like storage
facilities that are available on the AS/400.  IFS is becoming more
"native" then saving within the libraries that we know and love.  This
is essentially the replacement to the QDLS file system or "Shared
folders" support.

Now - the other thing, is this area also gets backed up differently - as
in SAV instead of SAVOBJ when you want to save objects within this
environment.

Web technologies,  Unix compatibility, and Windows compatible - the IFS
is VERY flexible.

Andrew Borts / Webmaster
Seta Corporation
6400 East Rogers Circle