From: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 11:38:32 AM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Renaming fields
Booth
Can I use the ReName and the Prefix at the same time,
cause now I need to also rename the record format and
I still would like the fields to have a separate name just
to keep it from being confusing.
Thanks
Troy Dills
Julius Blum Inc.
"Booth Martin"
<booth@MartinVT.c To: <rpg400-l@midrange.com>
om> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: Renaming fields
rpg400-l-admin@mi
drange.com
11/28/2001 11:50
AM
Please respond to
rpg400-l
Here's another choice. In the DDS for the logicals, don't mention the
fields at all, just use the same format name as in the Physical file. Then
in the programs, rename the formats. In that case of course you need to be
sure which format you just read. I also use an Externally Described Data
Structure to keep the values saved for undo, etc.
FGCKF UF A E DISK INFDS(INFDS)
FGCKFL1 IF E K DISK Rename(RGCKF:RGCKF1)
FGCKFL2 IF E K DISK Rename(RGCKF:RGCKF2)
FGCKFL3 IF E K DISK Rename(RGCKF:RGCKF3)
DRecordDataDS E DS ExtName(GCKF)
D SavedData S Like(RecordDataDs)
D ChangedData S Like(SavedData)
D CheckData S Like(SavedData)