>I get this after the 3rd API is called (there
>are no errors returned from the API themselves).
>The line of code is:
>
>C                   Eval      BufferDta = BufferDtaFld
>
>Fields defined:
>
> D BufferPtr       S               *
> D BufferDtaFld    S          32767    Based( BufferPtr )
> D BufferDta       S          32767

Hi Alison!
Based fields can be interesting.  What loads BufferDtaFld?  I ask because if
that process were to insert more than 32k of data, then the data would
"overflow" BufferDtAFld into other storage, causing an "out of bounds"
message.

Any time I deal with this sort of scenario, I always check the field
lengths.  Instead of:
eval BufferDtaFld = someInputData  I would use:
eval %subst(BufferDtaFld: 1: %len(someInputData) = someInputData or test to
see that someInputData isn't too large to load:
if %len(someInputData) <= %size(BufferDtaFld).

The idea being that BufferDtaFld can be "moved" or "windowed" about by
changing the pointer.
  --buck