I'm fetching for a cursor declared using two files with a left outer join.
What this means is I want to see all the records in the first file and
lookup a value in the second file.  The key field that is used to lookup a
record in the second file may not exist in the second file, which should
return a null value according to IBM's SQL manual.  This works great in
interactive SQL but when fetching these records where there isn't a match
in the second file I get back an SQLCOD='-0305' which is something about a
null value without an indicator.  And it doesn't retrieve the values for
the first file so I can't ignore the error.  Any advice as to what I might
need to do here?  Hopefully the code I've pasted in here is readable by
your viewer.

     C/EXEC SQL
     C+  DECLARE CURS1 CURSOR FOR
     C+    SELECT EMDUSR, EMDTFC,
     C+      EMDSEQ, EMDCLS, EMANAM, EMAADR
     C+    FROM EMAILFDST LEFT OUTER JOIN EMAILFADR
     C+      ON EMDUSR=EMAUSR AND
     C+        EMDSEQ=EMASEQ
     C+      WHERE EMDUSR<>'' AND
     C+         EMDFIL=:EMGGRP AND
     C+         EMDCMP=:EMGCMP AND
     C+         EMDFAC=:EMGFAC
     C+       ORDER BY EMDUSR
     C/END-EXEC

....OPEN CURSOR and stuff

     C/EXEC SQL
     C+  FETCH CURS1 INTO
     C+    :EMDUSR, :EMDTFC, :EMDSEQ, :EMDCLS, :EMANAM, :EMAADR
     C/END-EXEC