[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Dear Jim,

I tried your option of INZTAP and following was the message:

 Contents of volume on device TAP02 set to density *FMT20GB

Cause . . . . . :   The requested density cannot be processed by device TAP02
  The tape contents were set to density *FMT20GB, which is a different densit
  than you specified.
Recovery  . . . :   If the volume was not initialized to an acceptable
  density, then try the request again to a device that can process the
  required density.
Technical description . . . . . . . . :   If DENSITY(*CTGTYPE) was specified,
  then the device may not support cartridge checking capabilities. If this is
  the case, then DENSITY(*DEVTYPE) will be used.

Regards,

Hrishikesh Kotwal