I would suggest not trying to write this in RPG, but use many of the
utilities available such as ftp and what not.

Let me rephrase.  Welcome to the list.  However many of the questions you
are asking would be better served on the midrange-l list.  You should also
subscribe to that list.

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    "hrishikesh
                    kotwal"                 To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com
                    <hdkotwal@hotmail       cc:
                    .com>                   Fax to:
                    Sent by:                Subject:     Transfer of Data from
AS/400 to AS/400
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    11/11/2001 10:30
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Hi all!

I am currently in the process of transferring my work from my client site
off-site (i.e. to my Employer's AS/400). This is because my client wants to
cut costs :-).

In this process, I will need to take all my source files and database file
objects from client's AS400 machine to my AS400 machine.

--------------------------------------

Client AS/400 is :

Model 170

Processor :  9406.

OS/400   :  V4R5M0.

The tape drives are:

> 8 mm drive - 7208 342 20.0 G

> 1/4" drive - 4/8 GB SLR5 QIC-4GB-DC.

My AS/400:

Model: E 600 -2136

Processor : 9406

OS Version: V4R4MD

Tape Drive: 8 mm drive 6390 001 5.0 G

How to solve this mis-match issue? Is it possible to read from a 8mm 20G on
8mm 5G ??

Also, another suggestion was to copy the objects on a CD and then read this
CD
on my machine and do a PC to AS/400 data transfer using Client Access /400
for
Windows 95/NT (Terminal Emulation Software). Is this a solution or am I
joking?

Please help.
Regards,

Hrishikesh Kotwal