The InfoCenter is aMAZEing... I don't go there anymore if I can help it.  I
found out about the MI book from iseries400.org  I just checked and it
appears you can still order the book from
www.ibm.com/shop/publications/order  then do a publications search for
'Functional Reference'

Another source of insight is the Inside ILE newsletter from the400group.com

Tom