From: hrishikesh kotwal [mailto:hdkotwal@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 12:02 PM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Line count?

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Dear all,

I am writing a RPG III Report program using O-specs. Following is my
problem:

I read File A and print all records, with each record on a different line.
Within this read loop, I read File B (File B may have one or more records
matching with File A).

Assume I print the first record from File A on Line 1.

Then I read File B, find 3 records. Each record must be printed on a
different
line.

In order to print these records from Line 1, I specify 0 spaces before new
line is printed in the O-specs. This serves my purpose and I get the first
record from File B on Line 1. then I go ahead and print the other 2 records
from File B on Lines 2 & 3 respectively.

BUT now there is another File C which also may have one or more records
matching File A. These records also must be printed from Line 1. Because I
have already printed records from File B, I have reached Line number 3.

How do I get back to Line 1. and start printing data from File C?

(I hope this makes sense???)

 Please help.

Regards,

Hrishikesh Kotwal