Ah yes QPRTJOB.  Funny thing about that job.  It keeps running, even across
IPL's.  Do a SNDNETSPLF, IPL the destination, and another SNDNETSPLF to the
same destination.  WRKJOB QPRTJOB and they'll be under the same job number.
We've had this puppy get up to a few thousand spool files - remember that
WRKJOB will show you spool files with a status of FIN.  The only way to
restart the job is to end it with the SPLFILE(*YES) parameter.  Don't know
if these thousands of finished spool files clutter up QSPL or other areas.

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    MBarton@pink.co.u
                    k                       To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                cc:
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi       Fax to:
                    drange.com              Subject:     RE: SNDNETSPLF losing
job attributes

                    11/06/2001 10:01
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

>Yes, we are attempting to go from one AS400 to another.  One of our
>programmers used the *ALLDATA parm but the spool file arrived at the
target
>system without it's job attributes.  Both machines releases are later than
>V1R3M0.  R.

Hi
     I think tere may be a slight mis-understanding going on.

The spool file on the target as/400 will always be 'attached' to
a job name of QPRTJOB which the system automatically creates.
The original job attributes will be lost.
No parameter on the SNDNETSPLF will AFAIK make any difference.

I did try using the QSPGETF and QSPPUTF programs to see if these
were able to keep the original job attributes but they don't.

All you could possibly do is to save the original spool information
on the source as400 and hold these in some form of lookup table on
the target as400.

Mike

This communication and the information it contains: - (a) Is intended for
the person(s) or organisation(s) named above and for no other person(s) or
organisation(s).  Access to this mail by anyone else is unauthorised.  (b)
Is confidential, and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected in
law. Unauthorised use, circulation, copying or disclosure of any part of
this communication may be unlawful.  (c) May be susceptible to
interference, and should not be assumed that it has come in its original
form and/or from the stated sender or PinkRoccade UK accepts no
responsibility for information, errors or omissions in this e-mail or use
or misuse thereof or any act done or omitted to be done in connection with
this communication. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform
postmaster@pink.co.uk immediately and delete it and all copies from your
system.