From: Phil [mailto:sublime78ska@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 12:52 PM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: HTTP Server Problems.

Sounds very much like a javascript problem.  In NS6, they adhere to
standards much better than in NS4, and did away with their propietary
versions of js (ie no backward compatibility).  Is there a section of
javascript which determines the browser version, and then selectively
executes blocks of code depending on the version?  It probably checks for >
NS4 and > IE4 so for NS6 it is executing the NS4 version which may not work.
I don't know about js and IE6 but I do know style sheets behave differently
in IE6 than they did in IE5.

You may want to check the ignite400.org archives because when NS6 first came
out there was a lot of discussion about this.  Also, www.w3c.org may be
helpful to you.  You may also get a lot more help on the web400 list.

Phil