Thanks jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Langston [mailto:jlangston@celsinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 11:17 AM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Newby subfile question

Jose,

you are correct, it is DSPATR(BL), but... BL acts differently on
a dumb tube and on a color display (client access type connection).

According to what I am reading, you also have to specify DSPATR(HI)
with DSPATR(BL) to get a red/blinking text.  DSPATR(BL) would just
produce red text.  Your other option seems to be specifying the
COLOR keyword.

>From the online manual:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com:80/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/qb3auk00/2.1.2.16
?ACTION=MATCHES&REQUEST=DSPATR&TYPE=FUZZY&searchTopic=TOPIC&
searchText=TEXT&searchIndex=INDEX&rank=RANK&ScrollTOP=FIRSTHIT#FIRSTHIT

2.1.2.16 Adding Color

You can design your displays for use on display stations that show
color. The DDS keyword COLOR allows you to specify the following
colors for fields: green,
white, red, turquoise, yellow, pink, and blue. This keyword is ignored
if it is selected for a field displayed on a display station
that does not support color.

If the COLOR keyword is not specified in the DDS for the display file
but the display station is specified in the display station
description as a color display station,
displays that you have designed for display stations that do not support
color can also be used for the color display station. The
keywords DSPATR(UL) and
DSPATR(RI), if specified on separate fields, function the same as they
do for the 5250 display station. However, the keywords
DSPATR(CS), DSPATR(HI),
and DSPATR(BL) produce the following colors on a color display station
(the specified display attributes CS, HI, and BL are
suppressed):

    _______________________ ________________ ________________
_______________
   | Color Produced on the |     Display    |     Display    |
Display    |
   | Color Display Station |    Attribute   |    Attribute   |
Attribute   |
   | when No COLOR Keyword |    Selected:   |    Selected:   |
Selected:   |
   | is Specified          |   DSPATR(CS)   |   DSPATR(HI)   |
DSPATR(BL)  |

|_______________________|________________|________________|_____________
__|
   | Green (normal)        |                |                |

|_______________________|________________|________________|_____________
__|
   | Turquoise             |        X       |                |

|_______________________|________________|________________|_____________
__|
   | White                 |                |        X       |

|_______________________|________________|________________|_____________
__|
   | Red, no blinking      |                |                |       X

|_______________________|________________|________________|_____________
__|
   | Red, blinking         |                |        X       |       X

|_______________________|________________|________________|_____________
__|
   | Yellow                |        X       |        X       |

|_______________________|________________|________________|_____________
__|
   | Pink                  |        X       |                |       X

__|
   | Blue                  |        X       |        X       |       X

__|

Regards,

Jim Langston
Programmer/Analyst