I am not too sure if we are crossing wires here. Foe UNIX supplied commands
within the UNIX operating system, typing
man unix command
will result is a display.
This has NOTHING to do with the commands/procedures etc within OS/400.
The original question was
"For those of us who are UNIX illiterate, what is a UNIX man page?"
I hope this does NOT cause more anxiety, puzzlement etc. That is the opposite
of what I try to do (but often seems to be the product)

>>> "Smith, Nelson" <NSmith@lincare.com> 08/29/01 09:32AM >>>
So, you're saying you just follow the same format as unix uses to document
it's commands, but for your homegrown procedures, you create them manually?
If that's the case, can you then use a unix utility to display them?

I've long looked for some way to easily display info about our procedures to
the other inhouse programmers, but haven't found any good way. I create
(manually) a format similiar to what you are showing, but I have no where to
put it except in the copy member I use for the prototypes.  I would love to
see some sort of utility that would display them graphically in a tree
structure based on category or useage or something of that sort.  Anyone
know of any thing like that?