Antonio's idea is a good one -- I would do the exact same thing, except
instead of using DFRWRT(*NO), I'd place the keyword "FRCDTA" in the DDS,
and only for the "please wait" screens.  That way, the rest of the
screen formats in your display file will work normally...

Another nice thing about using the FRCDTA keyword instead of DFRWRT is
that you don't have to remember to specify a special compile option
every time you compile the screen -- it's embedded in the source.