  • Subject: Re: Sample FTP Server Logon Exit Program
  • From: "alan shore" <SHOREA@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:01:56 -0400

Denis - thanks for the pointer. I was able to locate a couple of redbooks that
were particularly informative.
Which leads me to my next question (Open to any and everyone)
Both Auditing and Information Security want the FTP servers to be started ONLY
when the interface files are ready to be transmitted. (This is feasible)
As there are more than one interface files, more than one FTP server can be
started. However, the stipulation is that the FTP sever be ended once the
transmission is completed.
Using the command ENDTCPSVR will end ALL FTP servers (Q. Even if they are STILL
active)
I can use ENDJOB, but how do I capture/utilize the Job name, User id and Job
number of the FTP server.
Any responses much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

>>> "Denis Robitaille" <DRobitaille@cascades.com> 07/16/01 10:24AM >>>
Try the information center. That is where I foung a CL example that I useed.

Denis Robitaille
Directeur services techniques
Cascades Inc
819 363 5187
fax 819 363 5177

>>> SHOREA@dime.com 07/16/01 09:48am >>>
Due to both the auditing department AND Information Security department being
apprehensive with respect to security concerns with FTP on the AS/400, FTP was
"switched off", which has definitely put a crimp in my attempts to load
freeware/shareware to the system. Files are presently transferred to and from
the system, using the Rumba tranfer facility (manually). Yep, you guessed it,
operations "forgot" to transfer a number of files from one dayend cycle, and
the previous nights files were iput to the different systems, accounting, check
processing etc.
Needless to say, we've been asked to re-evaluate using FTP on the AS/400 for
the transfer of the files.
We are presently on release V4r3, and will be upgrading to V4r5 this weekend.
I have investigated numerous manuals, sites etc, but the only example of FTP
Server Logon Exit programs I have found, is in the "OS/400 TCP/IP Configuration
and Reference V4R3", but this is in C. Can anyone supply, or point me to a web
page that has examples in RPG, or CL or COBOL.
As always, thanks in anticipation