  • Subject: Re: Switches
  • From: "James W. Kilgore" <qappdsn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:09:46 -0700

Troy,

Stupid question:  Does program MSG7AECL use ... wait a minute, at first I was
going to ask if your RPG program used the Ux
indicators to test switches, but since this program name ends with "CL" I have
to think that it is a CL program.  So here is my
-real- stupid question: Does MSG7AECL perform a RTVJOBA to determine the switch
settings?

OK, I get it that the program starts with "MSG" and must be a message type of
program, but what the heck is "7AE"? Version 7
American English?  I can understand that, but why, oh why, have it end with
"CL"?  What if you changed the function into a different
language?  Do you really want to revisit each and every program that uses this
just to change the program name to "MSG7AEJV"?  What
is wrong with "MSG7AE"?