  • Subject: Re: ILE Propoganda
  • From: Jim Langston <jimlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:58:37 -0700

I would agree with that.  Before a procedure goes into a service
program, I will test the bajeebies out of it, make sure there is
no way it can bomb.

This makes them black boxes, I stick something into this black box,
and out comes my result, I don't care what it did in the mean time.

With /COPY members I do have to care, what variables is this declaring
that may mess with my program's variables?  Is it changing any indicators
that may mess with me, etc...  A procedure in a service program should
be 100% transparent to the program calling it, except for the advertised
variables it changes (the return parameter and maybe procedure parameters).

Regards,

Jim Langston

Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!