  • Subject: RE: move *on *inlr ...will not close PF?
  • From: "Alexei Pytel" <pytel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:39:50 -0500

I am not sure this is your case, but you mentioned "RPG procedure"...
I think that "move *on *inLR" will influence only main RPG program and will
not influence procedure.

    Alexei Pytel

                    "Slava

                    Zharichenko"             To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com

                    <Slava.Zharichenko       cc:

                    @exel.com>               Subject:     RE: move *on *inlr
...will not close
                    Sent by:                  PF?

                    owner-rpg400-l@mid

                    range.com

                    05/31/2001 10:39

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

Well,
i should have give more information.

RPG procedure being called which using one PF.

there is no manipulation done with the file upfront and procedure does not
have USROPN option.

File is being open as soon as procedure started.

I have move *on *inlr instead of Return there ( i guess it should work
too).

When procedure is finished and control returns to the calling program file
stays open.

If i close file prior to exit from the procedure then next time when
procedure executed file will not be open automatically and it will errored
out because file will be used without being open prior.

I am suspecting that this is how it suppose to work. Program is not
finished and that is why files are not being closed.