  • Subject: Transfer of AS/400 File to PC (Excel)
  • From: Amir Khan <akhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:44:26 +0300

Hi Murtuza,

Thanks for the support. I tried following script but not working, please
look at the log. **************************************************
         DF!AMIR password
         CD ANA
         LCD BPCDF
         ASCII
         PUT QBC
         CLOSE
         QUIT
OUTPUT for your review:

Output redirected to a file.
Input read from specified override file.
Connecting to remote host 200.200.200.1 using port 21.
220-QTCP at SCC.S4402705.COM.
220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes.
Enter login ID (df1amir):
331 Enter password.
230 DF1AMIR logged on.
 OS/400 is the remote operating system. The TCP/IP version is "V4R5M0".
250  Now using naming format "0".
257 "QGPL" is current library.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
>          CD ANA
550-Specified library does not exist or cannot be accessed.
550 Current library not changed.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
>          LCD BPCDF
Local working directory is BPCDF
Enter an FTP subcommand.
>          ASCII
200 Representation type is ASCII nonprint.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
>          PUT QBC
250  Now using naming format "0".
257 "QGPL" is current library.
227 Entering Passive Mode (200,200,200,1,23,193).
150 Sending file to member QBC in file QBC in library QGPL.
250 File transfer completed successfully.
    68 bytes transferred in 0.015 seconds. Transfer rate 4.642 KB/sec.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
>          CLOSE
 221 QUIT subcommand received.
 Enter an FTP subcommand.
 >          QUIT
                           ****** END OF DATA ******

 Murtuza, ANA is fully shared folder on my pc on drive C. I tried CD C:\ANA
and CD C:\ANA\ but all giving same error messages. Do I need to do something
on pc setup like Map Network Drive etc?  Is this 200.200.200.1 ok? My pc
address is defined like 200.200.200.30 but ftp does not recognize it if I
use it in my CL program.

Thanks for any support.

Regards.

Amir