  • Subject: Re: Quick ILE question about service programs
  • From: "Peter Dow" <pcdow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:14:24 -0700

Hi Jim,

I have a slightly different angle on it -- CRTBNDRPG binds local procedures
and any external procedures that are invoked with CALLP or EVAL; it does
*not* bind any module or program invoked with a CALL -- these are
dynamically linked or bound at run time, incurring the overhead of finding
the program/module and loading it on the first call.

No doubt someone will let us know what's really going on...

HTH,
Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 425-0194 voice