Question:

I am trying to do an UPDATE in embedded SQL.  I am getting the error message
below.  We do not use journaling.  Do I have to do journaling to use the
UPDATE?

Thank you,

Susan Lafferty

Message . . . . :   DOBKKP1W in DPCFILES#T not valid for operation.

  Cause . . . . . :   The reason code is 3:

      -- Code 1 -- DOBKKP1W has no members.

      -- Code 2 -- DOBKKP1W has been saved with storage free.

      -- Code 3 -- DOBKKP1W is not journaled, or you do not have authority
    the journal.  Files with an RI constraint action of CASCADE, SET NULL,
or
    SET DEFAULT must be journaled to the same journal.

      -- Code 4 and 5 -- DOBKKP1W is in or is being created into a
production
    library but the user is in debug mode with UPDPROD(*NO).

      -- Code 6 -- a collection is being created, but the user is in debug
mode
    with UPDPROD(*NO).

      -- Code 7 -- a based-on table used in the creation of the view is not

    valid because it is a program described table or is in a temporary
library.
      -- Code 8 -- a user attempted to create an object but the based-on
table
    resides in an Auxiliary Storage Pool (ASP) which is different than the
ASP
    where the object is being created.

      -- Code 9 -- the index is currently held or is not valid.

      -- Code 10 -- a constraint is being added but the table is not valid.
The
    table either has a maximum member value greater than one, is a source
file,
 is in QTEMP, is not in the same ASP as the parent or dependent table, is
not
    write, update, or delete capable, is not an externally described file,
or
    has a parent table that does not have a member.

      -- Code 11 -- a distributed table is being created in library QTEMP,
or a
    view is being created over greater than one distributed table.

      -- Code 12 -- a table could not be created in QTEMP, QSYS or QSYS2
because
    it contains a column of type datalink having the FILE LINK CONTROL
option.
      -- Code 13 -- a table could not be created in the collection as the
table
    contains a datalink column and the collection contains a data
dictionary.
      -- Code 14 -- a datalink or lob column could not be added because the
file
    is not a SQL table.

  Recovery  . . . :   A list of corrective actions follow:

      -- If code 1, add a member to DOBKKP1W (ADDPFM command).

      -- If code 2, restore DOBKKP1W (RSTOBJ command).

      -- If code 3, start journaling on DOBKKP1W (STRJRNPF command), or get

    access to the journal.

      -- If this is reason code 4, 5, or 6, perform a CHGDBG command with

    UPDPROD(*YES).

      -- If code 7, remove table names which identify files in QTEMP or to

  program described files.

      -- If code 8, use tables in the same ASP.

      -- If code 9, use the edit rebuild of access path (EDTRBDAP) command
and
    change the sequence of the access path from HELD to 1-99 or *OPN, or
rebuild
    or delete the unique index or constraint.

      -- If code 10, specify tables that are valid for the constraint.

      -- If code 11, specify a library other than QTEMP, or create the view
over
    only one distributed table.

      -- If code 12, specify a library other than QTEMP, QSYS or QSYS2 on

    create.

      -- If code 13, specify a library that does not contain a data
dictionary
    or get rid of all datalink columns.

      -- If code 14, specify a SQL table for adding the datalink or lob
column
               * * * * *   E N D   O F   L I S T I N G   * * * * *