The following is a sample of using a document for help text.  Since IBM is
dropping support for Office, and since Microsoft Word does not know what a
help text label is, you will have to use a third party product to produce
the final form resolved document with help text labels on the AS/400 from
your Word document.

If anyone needs more detail on using DDS Help Screens or Help Documents,
please email me privately and I can send a HELP text session I used to do at
COMMON.

A*
A*  CODUMB - MEMBER MASTER FILE MAINTENANCE
A*  04 JUL 91 - CHARLES L. MASSOGLIA
A*  15 AUG 92 - MEMBER TYPE ADDED BY CHARLES L. MASSOGLIA
A*
A*  COPYRIGHT 1991, MPH, INC., OKEMOS, MICHIGAN, USA
A*  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
A*
A                                      REF(COFMB)
A                                      INDTXT(90 'On=Fatal error')
A                                      PRINT
A                                      HELP ALTHELP
A                                      CA03 CA12
A          R SCREEN1
A                                      BLINK
A          H                         HLPARA(*FLD $ID)
A                                      HLPDOC(ID CODUMB HELP.TXT)
A          H                         HLPARA(*CNST 1)
A                                      HLPRCD(ID CODUMB HELP.TXT)
A          H                         HLPARA(*FLD $ACD)
A                                      HLPRCD(ACD CODUMB HELP.TXT)
A          H                         HLPARA(*CNST 2)
A                                      HLPRCD(ACD CODUMB HELP.TXT)
A          H                         HLPARA(*RCD)
A                                      HLPDOC(START CODUMB +
A                                             HELP.TXT)
A                                        4  2'Enter ID Number......:'
A                                      HLPID(1)
A            $ID       R        B    +1REFFLD(MBID)
A                                        6  2'Action requested.....:'
A                                      HLPID(2)
A            $ACD      1A  B    +1TEXT('ACTION REQUESTED')
A                                 22  2'F3=Exit   F12=Cancel'

HLPARA defines a help area for a field or constant.  HLPDOC defines final
form resolved document to be displayed when HELP key pressed when in help
area.  First parm is the help text label to position the text.  Second parm
is the name of the document.  Third parm is the name of the folder
containing the document.

HLPID keyword used to associate constant text wit appropriate HLPARA.

Type document as normal document.  To create help text label, press F5, key
in .help, and press enter.  May also press F9 and take option 16 from Select
Text Instruction Display.

On exit document screen, specify print document 'Y' and display print
options 'Y'.  Press ENTER.  Roll forward to third print options screen.
Specify save resolved output 'Y'.  Specify document name and folder name the
same as in HLPDOC specification in DDS.

Charles L.Massoglia, President
Massoglia Technical Consulting, Inc.
cmassoglia@voyager.net
In MI 517-676-9700 or in NC 919-363-9395