You have your error line set up in the middle of your subfile detail lines.

subfile detail 10-19      error line 12

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Langston [mailto:jimlangston@conexfreight.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 1:45 PM
To: RPG400-L@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Simple Subfile question

Thanks for all the tips, I've changed the indicators to be able to
do the SFLDSP separately and it works like a champ.

Now I'm trying to implement the error message, and so I went into the
control record and made an output field called DFERRM which I plan on
(57) when I want to display an error.  The only problem is, it won't
compile.

* CPD7812      30        1      Message . . . . :   Subfile control record
overlaps subfile record.

Here's the SFL and SFLCTL from my display file.  And yes, it's
absolutely right, they do overlap, but I plan on showing one or
the other, not both (even tried changing the DFERRM indicator to
N56 but no change.

A          R SUBFILE                   SFL
A*%%TS  SD  20010404  154717  JIML        REL-V4R4M0  5769-PW1
A            DFTYPE        10   O 10  4COLOR(WHT)
A            DFUNIT         6Y 0O 10 15COLOR(WHT)
A                                      EDTCDE(4)
A            DFSPLT         6Y 0O 10 22COLOR(WHT)
A                                      EDTCDE(4)
A            DFCUFT         8Y 3O 10 29EDTWRD('     .   ')
A                                      COLOR(WHT)
A            DFAMNT         9Y 2O 10 70EDTWRD('       .  ')
A                                      COLOR(WHT)
A            DFDESC        30   O 10 39COLOR(WHT)
A            DFSELE         1A  B 10  2COLOR(WHT)

A          R SUBCTL                    SFLCTL(SUBFILE)
A*%%TS  SD  20010405  103452  JIML        REL-V4R4M0  5769-PW1
A                                      SFLSIZ(0010)
A                                      SFLPAG(0010)
A                                      OVERLAY
A  56                                  SFLDSP
A N55                                  SFLDSPCTL
A  55                                  SFLCLR
A  57        DFERRM        60   O 12 11DSPATR(RI)
A                                      COLOR(WHT)

Any clues?

Thanks,

Jim Langston

david@midrange.com