  • Subject: Re: Defining files with long names in RPGIII
  • From: Peter_Vidal@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:12:44 -0500

I guess you can use OVRDBF command outside the RPG program to refer to the
actual file:

     OVRDBF FILE(&PGMFILE) TOFILE(&LIBRARY/&ACTFILE) MBR(*FIRST)

     ... were &PGMFILE is the file name you will use in the RPG program,
&ACTFILE is the actual file name and          &LIBRARY is the library where the
file is at.  You can place this command on a CL just before the actual call to
this      RPG III program and that is all you need ... I guess ...

Peter Vidal

                    Refaie.Heba@khb.h

                    u                        To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-rpg400-l@mi        Subject:     Defining files with
long names in
                    drange.com               RPGIII

                    03/05/01 07:18 AM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

I want to open a file in an RPG program but the file name is longer than 8
characters and I am using RPGIII, I think that I can rename the file insde the
program but I can not recall now how to do this...Can anybody help.

Thanks.
Heba

=?iso-8859-1?Q?$RFC822.eml?=