  • Subject: Re: eRPG mailing list (was; Future for AS/400?? )
  • From: Terry.Rhoades@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:29:13 -0500

Dean,

I'm surprised by your ignorance!  Well, maybe I shouldn't be.

I subscribe to three lists.  From 12-19-2000 thru 01-18-2001, I have received
856 e-mails from the RPG400-L list.  For a twenty day
work month that would average to approximately 42 messages a day.
Unfortunately, I can not devote that much time to read each and
every message (unlike some people, I work at my job).

As Brad Stone stated in another message, "Usually with mail clients you can
merge mails from two lists into one folder, so even
though it is split up, it won't look like it to you."  I was making the point
that if the RPG400-L list was split up into several
smaller lists, it should be easier for readers to find the information that
they are looking for.  I DID NOT SAY "exclude SQLRPG",
YOU DID.  If SQLRPG, eRPG, HTML, Javascript, etc. were in other lists, it would
be easier for readers to search out the topic they
needed more information about.  As I said before, I subscribe to three lists.
The messages I receive from these lists are received
into three separate folders.  When I want to see all the messages I go to the
"All Documents" folder.  When I want to see the
messages about SQLRPG, I can weed out two thirds of all the messages I receive
from these lists by going to the RPG400-L folder.  If
the SQLRPG messages were on a separate list, I would be able to go to the
SQLRPG messages directly and not have to scan thru all the
other RPG messages.  BTW, Yes I do read the messages, you do?

I may be wrong about this and if I am I apologize, but it seems to me that
moderating 40 messages a day on one list is about the
same amount of work as moderating 10 messages a day on four lists.

And as a last note, eRPG may not be a programming language, but it is an idea
and conceptual description.  And for you to say there
is no eRPG is truly a statement worthy of somebody like you.

Regards,

Terry Rhoades

                    DAsmussen@aol.com

                    Sent by:                 To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com

                    owner-rpg400-l@mi        cc:

                    drange.com               Subject:     Re: eRPG mailing list
(was; Future fo
                                             AS/400?? )

                    01/19/01 01:17 AM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

Terry,

In a message dated 1/18/01 3:48:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,