  • Subject: Re: eRPG mailing list (was; Future fo AS/400?? )
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 01:17:45 EST

Terry,

In a message dated 1/18/01 3:48:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Terry.Rhoades@blum.com writes:

Your reason for keeping RPG on one list, is the reason I think e-RPG should
be on a separate list.  There is already a ton of
messages and lists to wade thru.  By separating e-RPG and SQL-RPG from the
RPG400 list, it would help cut down the number of
messages for those readers who do not care for e-RPG or SQL-RPG, etc.  And
for those readers interested in every aspect of RPG, they
really should not mind subscribing to a few more lists.  I sub to three
lists and have all the messages dump into one queue for
easier access.  This is just my $0.02.

I cannot help but ask, in the Southern US vernacular, "whuuuuuuuuut"?  Until
this (these?) subject came up, this list was more dead than Oliver Cromwell.
RPG400-L has probably received more postings in the past month than it has in
the past _YEAR_.  Perhaps the last _three_ years combined.  Have you actually
_READ_ anything posted here?  There _IS NO_ e-RPG, and if you wish to exclude
SQLRPG from your repetoire then _YOU_ are going to be the one "flipping
burgers" rather than those that don't learn JAVA.

"Cut down on the number of messages"?  From _WHAT_?  ZERO?  Unless you're
prepared to sacrifice the time to moderate these various lists yourself, I'd
suggest that you satisfy yourself with the fact that RPG400-L remains mostly
dormant...

JMHO,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"There are no stupid questions.  Only those to proud to ask in the first
place."