  • Subject: RE: Future of AS/400 ??????????????:(:
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:04:04 -0600

I didn't disagree that the As/400 is a marginal player as a web server, and
I aplogize if I insulted you.  That was not the purpose.  The Ford Taurus is
the best selling car, but it isn't the best car.

The simple matter of fact is that there is no way to determine who is the
real player as far as web servers go because it's changing so often.  Also,
how do you compare a cluster fo 150 NT servers to 1 720?  You can't, so
things are scewed by that.  Also, the As/400 wasn't touted as a web server
until recently (which is not our fault).

I judge that Cold Fusion is a big player because I know what .cfm extentions
means in a URL.  I used to see a lot of .asp, but that's going away.  I see
a LOT of .cfm applications (which are dog slow).

My point is it's easier to take "the path of least resistance" instead of
blazing your own.  Sometimes we need to remember that when we state what we
feel is our opinion, but more likely our opinion because of being swayed by
the majority.  It's not meant as an insult.

Brad