> Let's get a grip here.  When was the last time that a company earning a
>billion
> dollars a week disappeared?
> +---

James,

I didn't say it was going to happen overnight...AND, os/2 is still in use
today...BUT, do you want to bet your kids education and your retirement on
a os/2 career????   Really???  Uh, hey, I've got some REALLY NICE
waterfront property for you that I'ld like to sell...really cheap...:)
James, do you understand the concept of liquidity when it's applied to
job/system availability?  (NO, that's not a putdown, I'm actually
serious...:)

 And, given the economies of scale of their day, the companies would
include the the likes of: TWA(alive, barely, but way dimenished),
Burroughs(yes I know they merged, buy any lately?), DEC (Definately fits
here even though Compaq bailed them out, but have you bought any lately?
Know anyone that has?)...I might add a few of the big movie production
houses...and if I wasn't more interested in reading my 3yr old her night
time stories would crank out more...  In most cases, the companies don't
just fold, they're bought/merged by someone else...but usually the
technology/product dies...  OH, Douglas Aircraft(mcDonald Douglas...)!
....:)

Damn, knew that MBA would come in handy one day...:)

Don in DC