  • Subject: Re: Compiling SDA Created Menus
  • From: BillsVilla@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:27:03 EST

In a message dated 1/3/2001 5:55:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
DShea@arctools.com writes:

OK.. I'm a dinosaur.  So I'm using SDA to create some simple menus.  It
creates some source members of type MNUDDS and MNUCMD.

I now want to create these menus using a CL program to compile a bunch of
things together (files, menus, command, programs, etc).  How the <heck> do I
do this?  I _think_ I understand the CRTDSPF and the CRTMNU parts, but how
the ...heck... do I get the message file created?

Sorry if this is a simple question.

Create the menus using DSNFMT option #2. This will create an actual CL
program and not one of those hoaky GO menus.

After it has created the CL and DDS for you just copy it over and you it as a
template.

If you want to be a little more creative like me I also added to the menu a
bunch of RTV stuff so I could display things like JOB and USER. I also have
the employee menu system create a DTAARA in QTEMP each time the first menu is
loaded and everytime they take an option it stores it in the DTAARA so no
matter what menu they go to, or come back from it RTV's it the last option
taken from the DTAARA and display that as well.

The employees also have an attention menu I setup for them which has a list
of things they require when talking to customers or employees on the phone.
This makes it so they can be in something and not have to get out to answer a
question.

On that attention menu I also added a password protected command line in case
I have to use it while at somebody's terminal.

I love RPG but CL is pretty cool as well.

Bill