  • Subject: Re: QDMRTVFO API won't work - help
  • From: "Jim Franz" <jfranz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 00:59:44 -0500

I have never understood the File Informational Data Structure to be printer
files only. But there are fields in the data structure that are for data
files only
and other fields for printer files only. The following clip is the data
structure
I keyed in years ago, and have occassionially used. Sorry I didn't document
each field (see RPG/400 Reference Manual). I've added some text
for some of the obvious ones. Sorry for the bad cut & paste from Client
Access.

FXYZ       IP   E           K DISK    INFDS(XYZDS)
D* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
D*                                       *
D* FILE  INFORMATION  DATA  STRUCTURE    *
D*                                       *
D* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
D XYZDS           DS
D  @FILE                  1      8
D  @OPEN                  9      9
D  @EOF                  10     10