  • Subject: Re: No %editc in V3R2!!!
  • From: Douglas Handy <dhandy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 17:08:49 -0500

Dave,

>Nitpicker's time: CHGPF SRCFILE() was added to RISC OS/400 at V3R6, not
>V3R7.  Many folks never had to actually run V3R6, so I think some of the
>enhancements included in it were overlooked at the time and misattributed to
>V3R2/V3R7 later.

My system shipped with V3R6, although I can't find my V3R6 softcopy CD offhand.
But my V3R7 softcopy CD has vertical lines by the ALWREPCHG() keyword for
ADDPFTRG.  It is also when my (failing) memory tells me it was added.

V3R6 and V3R1 were basically parity releases for OS/400 functionality, whereas
the same can be said for V3R7 and V3R2 (excluding compilers, where V3R2 stayed
at V3R6 parity instead of getting V3R7 enhancements).

I still think it was added in V3R6.  Hmm, maybe I'll search the web.

** Later **

Try this link to the ADDPFTRG command in V3R6:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/QBJAU200/3.1.53

and note ALWREPCHG is *not* listed.

>This one in particular seems to be quite widespread, I've
>seen it several times.

It might have been me.  <g>  I've used this example several times, and I'm quite
widespread...

Doug