  • Subject: RE: Strange problem in RISC testing
  • From: Scott Mildenberger <Smildenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:02:04 -0700

Jeff,

The times I have seen programs 'break' when going to RISC are instances
where programs are usually calling API's and don't have all the parameters
set correctly and some piece of memory is being corrupted.  On the CISC
system the memory that was being corrupted wasn't important but the layout
of memory on the RISC version is different and now something important is
being corrupted.  If you are calling any API's review the parameters very
carefully, if you can't see anything wrong then post here and maybe someone
can spot the problem.

Scott Mildenberger