  • Subject: Re: Date from TIME opcode
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:39:26 -0500

RTVJOBA DATFMT(&DATFMT)
Or you can search for a suitable API.

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    D.BALE@handleman.

                    com                      To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-rpg400-l@mi        Subject:     Date from TIME opcode

                    drange.com

                    12/13/00 06:30 PM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

Non-negotiable fact for this question:  RPG-III only (I already know about
my
options in RPG-IV, so, please, no preaching to the choir <g>)

I need to store the current date (not job date!) in a field written out to
file.  Our dates are stored in YYYYMMDD numeric format (also
non-negotiable,
so don't go there!).  The TIME op code produces the date in positions 7-14
in
a 14-digit field.  The RPG Reference states that "The date format depends
on
the date format job attribute QDATFMT".  This is a system value assigned to
the job that can be changed via CHGJOB.  Given our QDATFMT value of *MDY
here
in the states, I know I can manipulate the mmddyyyy date in a data
structure
to get the desired yyyymmdd format.  But our overseas branches may have a
different QDATFMT value.  I would have thought that this value could be
found
in the program status data structure, but a search in the RPG Reference
turned
up nothing.

FWIW, this program is called from within a CL program.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952