     Thanks a lot Scott .Any other ideas from the list are also welcome.

     Thnx,
     Vini

Subject: Re: Help on ILE
Author:  Scott Klement <klemscot@klements.com> at ARO-INTERNET
Date:    11/17/00 10:52 AM

Why didn't you post this to the rpg400-l mailing list?  That would make
more sense, because other people might also learn from the answer.
I'll send a CC: to the list, in case anyone finds this useful.

Here's how I recompile my programs when a record format is changed:

1)  I use FNDSTRPDM or a similar utility to locate all of the modules
      that contain the file I need to change.

2)  I use the QBNLPGMI API to list all of the modules in user libraries
      on my system to a user space.  (i.e. the PGML0100 format, for
      '*ALL       *ALLUSR'.)

3)  Then, for each module that needs to be recompiled:

        a) I recompile the module.

        b) I search through the user space, and do an UPDPGM on every
                 program that uses the module, to make it use my newly
                 recompiled version.

Good Luck...