  • Subject: RE: inet_ntoa?
  • From: "Rich Duzenbury" <rduz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 01:34:53 -0600

The sample inet_addr worked fine.  When I debug the InAddr, I can see it gets
x'0A01030B' from inet_addr, which looks correct.

D InetNtoa        Pr              *   ExtProc('inet_ntoa')
D                               10U 0 Value

After I add the 'Value' keyword to your definition of inet_ntoa, it works fine.

Regards,
Rich

Here is the whole test program I used:
H DFTACTGRP(*NO) ACTGRP('QILE') BNDDIR('QC2LE')
D InetAddr        Pr            10U 0 ExtProc('inet_addr')
D                                 *   Value
D InetNtoa        Pr              *   ExtProc('inet_ntoa')
D                               10U 0 Value

D Address@        S               *
D Address         S             30A   Based(Address@)

D test@           S               *
D test            S             15A

D InAddr          S             10U 0
C*
C                   Eval      test = '10.1.3.11'
C                   Eval      test@ = %addr(test)
C                   Eval      InAddr = InetAddr(test@)
C     InAddr        dsply
C*
C                   Eval      Address@ = InetNtoa(InAddr)
C     Address       dsply
C                   seton                                        lr

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong
with the this?

Example:
H DFTACTGRP(*NO) ACTGRP('QILE') BNDDIR('QC2LE')

 *-- InetAddr --- Transform IP address from dotted
form
D InetAddr        Pr      10U 0 ExtProc('inet_addr')
D                           *   Value

*-- InetNtoa --- Transform IP address to dotted form
D InetNtoa        Pr        *   ExtProc('inet_ntoa')

D                               10u 0

D Address@        S         *
D Address         S       30A   Based(Address@)

D test@           S         *
D test            S       15a
D InAddr          s       10U 0

C             Eval      Test = '10.1.3.11' + x'00'
C             Eval      Test@  = %addr(test)
C             Eval      InAddr = InetAddr(test@)
C             Eval      Address@ = Inetntoa(InAddr)
C  Address    dsply