  • Subject: RE: Subfile question
  • From: "jt" <jt@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 18:06:58 -0400

Mike,

As you said, these records are just left hanging because the SFLCTL format
doesn't clear the previous lines that the subfile displayed.

One way to deal with this is to display a record format, like your F-key
descriptions at the bottom, without using the OVERLAY keyword.  This will
clear the screen, then you can display the SFLCTL with or without the
subfile.

Another way I like to use is to display a line such as "(No records to
display)" instead of the subfile, if the subfile doesn't have any records.
Just add a record format to the DSPF with some text like this--positioned
somewhere over the top of the subfile.  Then in the RPG either set on the
SFLDSP indicator *or* display this format and set the indicator off,
depending.

Regards,

jt