  • Subject: Re: Browsing a spool file
  • From: D.BALE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 17:50:00 -0400

Silvio,

Are you compiling interactively???  Bad boy!  ;-)

You'll notice that the job name defaults to the name of the source member
name.  If you compile in batch via the normal PDM option 14, the compile job,
by default, takes the job name of the source member name.  When you compile in
batch, you go into your edit session, press F15=Browse/Copy options, select
2=Spool File, and press Enter - no need to fuss with the spool file parameters!

If you choose to continue compiling interactively, well, sorry dude, no way to
solve your problem.

Oh, you do know that PDM "F18=Change defaults" enables you to specify whether
your compiles are submitted to batch or run interactively, right?

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952