  • Subject: Re: Aborting write with a trigger program
  • From: Jim Langston <jimlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:30:35 -0700

Thanks,

someone sent me some code for a trigger program that does exactly that, sends
a program message using the QMHSNDPM API to abort the call.  It works like a
charm.  The nice thing about it is I'm sending message CPF9898 which is pretty
much a generic call.  In the message data I am sending the text: 'Can not have
blank Equipment number - Not Written!'.  In the job log when the job crashes
that
message shows up, showing exactly what happened.

Thanks again, this is exactly what I wanted to do.  I wasn't aware that sending
a program message would abort the write.

Regards,

Jim Langston