I do not think it helps answer "Is the candidate a good RPG IV programmer?"
Not addressed at all:ILE (service programs, activation groups). When/why
create a subprocedure? How to prototype/use the C library functions?
Buck Calabro (4.82)

True, Buck. After taking the exam I thought it lacked the ILE element, but
then again it is a RPG IV test. So, I wrote BrainBench asking for a
separate test for ILE certification. They have an OO exam. Why not ILE.

Thanks to the few that replied to my original message. I appreciate your
feedback. After reading your responses I want to clear up a few items. As a
contractor I have a lot of confidence in my ability to produce results. I
normally take a leadership role among other contractors and employees that
I work with. I usually end up being the one that develops the boilerplates
the rest of my colleagues use as the standard. However, my scope to the
world of IT professionals is limited. All of my contracts have been within
an hour of my home in western North Carolina. So, when I take a test and
see that I rank on the list of top scores for the United States I have to
wonder, "Is the test a valid measure of my ability? Should I put this on my
resume as an accomplishment?" or "Is everyone scoring high on this test? Is
no one taking the test? Maybe the reason I rank in the top 20 is because
only 20 people have taken the test." I still don't have an answer. Some of
you shared your scores with me and replied that I should take my score as
an accomplishment. On the other hand, only about 4 people responded.

As RPG professionals do we want certification? I know I do. I constantly
try to improve my skill set. If any programmer needs certification, it is
the RPG programmer. Four years ago I was producing well structured,
accurate business applications. I'm doing the same now, but in a whole new
(better) way. I want the recognition for keeping my skills current.

Any thoughts?

Patrick Conner
www.ConnecTown.com
(828) 244-0822