  • Subject: Re: QSYSINC not in V3R7M0 what to do?
  • From: bmorris@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:16:46 -0400

>Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 17:37:48 -0500
>From: Jim Langston <jimlangston@conexfreight.com>
>
>I'm attempting to write an API interface for the QSPRWTRI API.  So far I
have coded the
>parameter specs, but then I get to the Error Code which is a pointer
character to an error
>structure.  Reading the manual on the API points me to "Error Code
Parameter" in the System
>API Reference.  Going there, there are 2 possible structures that can be
returned, and to
>make it even more fun, yet another character pointer the the Exception
data is used.

Jim, you are misunderstanding what CHAR(*) means.  Read _all_ of chapter
two of the System API Reference.

With APIs, never make assumptions about how something works.  If you guess,
and fiddle with your code until it works, you might still have errors, and
these errors will manifest themselves at the most inconvenient moments.

Barbara Morris

---------------------- Forwarded by Barbara Morris/Toronto/IBM on

owner-rpg400-l-digest@midrange.com (RPG400-L Digest) on 10/03/2000 03:20:14
AM