  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: Fw: File in CL Program
  • From: "Peter Dow" <pcdow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:41:23 -0700

Hi Jodi,

You are correct except that RCVF is available on *all* AS/400's, whereas the
READ, UPDATE, WRITE commands are only available where someone has installed
them. As a programmer going in cold to an AS/400 shop, I know RCVF will be
there, but even if READ, UPDATE and WRITE are there, how do I know they are
the same as the homegrown READ, UPDATE and WRITE I used at the last shop I
was in?

Regards,
Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.