  • Subject: Re: Creating a service program
  • From: Chris Bipes <chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:48:52 -0700

Thanks Simon,

I really was not worried about it, more curious than anything .  We have been
building service programs and adding new modules to them for a very short time.
 The whole re-compile thingy is growing to be a pain so I am playing with
binder source.  I could see the service programs having modules added on a
weekly basis as the other programmers come up to speed in ILE.  We could
potentially have several layer of the previous module list which would grow
long and ugly fast.  I wonder how well Hawkeye will cross reference this for us
and handle a mass re-compile?  Need to investigate tomorrow.

Your response has help more than hours of reading on service programs and
binder source in IBM manuals.  You know those virtual thingys that keep getting
moved around with every new release.  I will retain this response for future
reference if Hawkeye does not track service programs reference.  I need to look
at that more too.

If only our company quit growing so fast I might be able to catch up on new
techniques.  (Ok a good place to be.)

I will be in Las Vegas for a 3 day seminar to learn more about the ILE
environment.  Till then I will be monitoring / posting to this list, my BEST
source of knowledge to date.