  • Subject: How to convert System 36 RPG?
  • From: "Fred Mitchell" <fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 19:26:19 +0100

My current client is currently running a number of S/36 applications in the
S/36 environment under OS/400.  They have bought a new 400 (without the S/36
environment) and are installing new native applications but wish to run a
small number of existing programs on the new 400.  Is there an easy way to
convert the source members from RPG36 to RPG, such as an equivelant to
CVTRPGSRC?

I converted a couple of programs manually including one which was written
over 25 years ago on an ICL system.  The main problems I had were with the
'F' specs. which included a number of options which the 36 ignored such as
blocking details.  Ideally, we would like to eventually rewrite these
programs but timescales are against us and they will do the job if we can
compile them.

--
Fred Mitchell
Concise Consulting Ltd.