Not for an OO language. In fact, it's the exact opposite. A "pure" OO
language would not have what you normally think of as a data type. That's
because _everything_ is an object. The fact that Java has them is a
reflection of it's C++ heritage.

> Since Java was first designed(for imbedded systems) it has been enhanced
> and extended many times.
> It has been recently touted as a business language.
> I just thought they would have enhanced it to handle "Business" needs a
> little better.

I don't disagree with you - they could do much better for business
application support. But there is a big difference between what the creator
designed it to be, and what the marketers want you to use it for.

> That's it. It wasn't important anyway,  No follow-ups,

I thought it was important because it sounded like a cheap shot, which is
out of character for you. You normally state your case with class and
professionalism. I'd hate to see you begin to adopt the tactics of some
adolescent Linux zealot.

> Good night irene

Good night John-boy.

John Taylor