  • Subject: RE: How to know the start of key values for list APIs keyed interface
  • From: "Ron Hawkins" <RON@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:37:06 -0700

The book shows the key values data structure start 64 bytes into format
JOBL0200. The first field in the key value data structure contains the length
of the key structure, so you add it to the pointer to get the next key
structure.

Hardcoding offsets like this is not the best way to go (although it will work).
This how the data structure is defined in QRPGLESRC in QSYSINC. I would start
with this definition and modify it to meet your needs. Notice that this
definition is commented out because its going to vary depending upon what you
need from the API.

D QUSNBRFR               61     64B 0
D*                                             Number Fields Rtnd
D*QUSKFI                        18    DIM(00001)
D* QUSLFIR01                     9B 0 OVERLAY(QUSKFI:00001)
D* QUSKF00                       9B 0 OVERLAY(QUSKFI:00005)
D* QUSTOD01                      1    OVERLAY(QUSKFI:00009)
D* QUSERVED33                    3    OVERLAY(QUSKFI:00010)
D* QUSLD01                       9B 0 OVERLAY(QUSKFI:00013)
D* QUSDATA07                     1    OVERLAY(QUSKFI:00017)
D* QUSERVED33                    1    OVERLAY(QUSKFI:00018)
D*
D*                                             Varying length

HTH
Ron Hawkins