  • Subject: RE: How to create my own built-in functions
  • From: Anton Gombkötö <Gombkoetoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:26:19 +0200

> after creating a srvpgm containing the procedure "ShowMsg", how can I invoke the ShowMsg function in other programs?

By just including the prototyping (the PR group, 3 lines) into your source (best way to do this is to create a copy member which one can include with an /COPY).

When creating the program, enter the service name of the service program that contains the function in the BNDSRVPGM parameter.

Read about it in the ILE RPG Programmer's Guide and/or in the redbook "Who knew you could do that with RPG?", available online at http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg245402.html . 446 pages, last update on Apr-25-2000, 5.53 MB to download. You'll find this and other interesting stuff. If you like it, "review the redbook", so that we can hope to receive further material of this kind.

0.02 Euro

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards

Anton Gombkötö
mailto:Gombkoetoe@ASsoft.com